Featured Post

Tennessee Vols Football Schedule: 2012 Is Officially Easier Than 2011 | Bleacher Report

Tennessee Vols Football Schedule: 2012 Is Officially Easier Than 2011 | Bleacher Report :

1/16/2011

RB Marlin Lane has a new leader

By Jamie Newberg
ESPN.com




With national signing day fast approaching (Feb. 2), this weekend is one of the busiest of the year for visits. Here is a quick look at some of the bigger visits of the weekend.



Seeing orange again

Maybe ESPNU 150 RB Marlin Lane (Daytona Beach, Fla./Mainland), who was a long-time Clemson commit until late last week, will be wearing orange after all. After notifying the Tigers he would visit Tennessee this weekend, Clemson said it no longer wanted him.

"I am done with [Clemson] for good," Lane said. "I ain't happy about it but it is what it is and it's time to move on and not look back."

Lane moved on right to Knoxville, Tenn., where he had a great trip over the weekend.

"The Tennessee visit went great," said the No. 11-ranked running back in the country. "The coaches and players are just terrific. Everyone there has such a great relationship with each other. I really liked the campus and facilities.

"I also love Coach [Derek] Dooley. He has to be the coolest head coach I have ever met. Their running backs coach is so funny and very easy to get along with. I feel real comfortable in Tennessee."

Last week, Lane visited the University of Miami and he also came home very impressed after that visit.

"I really like the coaches there," Lane said. "Golden is real cool and it seems like they are going to be really good. I think he has a good plan. I really believe I can fit in good at either Miami or Tennessee. My size [6-foot, 200 pounds] gives me an advantage."

Lane also visited Purdue back in October and Auburn in December. He will take the SAT on Saturday and then head to Tallahassee and visit Florida State for his last official visit.

"Tennessee stands out a lot," Lane said. "That was just an amazing visit. There is just something about them. They are my leader and front-runner. I will probably wait and announce my decision on national signing day."



Drew impressed with Miami

Five-star DE Ray Drew (Thomasville, Ga./Thomas Country Central) was blown

away by new Miami coach Al Golden during his most recent visit.

"I love Al Golden," Drew said. "I mean, I really like him. He knows what he wants and is very hungry. He wants to bring Miami back to its glory days, back to where they were. He's a high-energy, full-speed guy that's very genuine. Al Golden is a people person. I was pretty impressed.

"I also like the staff and met a bunch of players. I like where they are going."

That's four official visits in the books for Drew and he has one left to Clemson this weekend. He has also seen Georgia, Auburn and LSU.

Does one team stand out over the others?

"No. I don't want a leader to interfere with my judgement because whenever I make a decision I want it to be the right one," said Drew. "I will decide on signing day or just before."



No comments:

Post a Comment